Top 3 Tips to Attract New Members to your Association
How can I attract new association members?
Are you worried about keeping up association memberships virtually? Times are uncertain but one thing is sure- the virtual world can help you grow new members. Even though the pandemic brings challenges, it also brings opportunities. Such as an increased reach for your association with global events and marketing opportunities.
You might be unsure how to attract new association members through online events. Of course, virtual events are new for many associations and you might be intimidated. Don’t worry though, we’re here to share some words of wisdom. Keep reading for our top 3 tips to attract and keep new members to your association.
1. Try Social Media
Social media is a great platform to attract new association members. People of all ages use social media to communicate, share ideas and get their information. There are many apps you can use such as TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Try to be creative and post regular content with hashtags so your posts get a lot of engagement. There are some creative social media campaigns you could try:
- Post a TikTok clip of your virtual event to show people what it would be like to be part of your association.
- Make a reel on Instagram of 5 reasons why people should join your association.
- Ask your current members to post tweets of their experiences as a member and why people should join.
Of course, you should target your social media posts to the potential members you want to attract. Think of the values of your association and then make a plan for your posts.
2. Use virtual events
In the last two years, the virtual events industry has become more and more popular. Virtual events are a great way to attract new association members. When you move from physical to virtual events, the world’s your oyster. There is no need for people to travel to be part of your association so it opens up a whole new reach of members. Virtual events also allow greater flexibility for your members, so taking the time to attend is so much easier.
If you’re planning to move from physical to virtual, you’ll need a virtual events platform. Not all event platforms have the same features, so be sure to pick one that will make your event special. There are some engaging features that will make the virtual meeting more interactive:
- Live chat function so attendees can talk to each other.
- Breakout rooms for smaller, more intimate discussions.
- Customizable floor plans to bring your event to a different location.
- LinkedIn integration so your members can see each other's professional backgrounds.
3. Offer incentives to members
If you want to attract new association members you should offer some incentives for joining. The more incentives you offer, the more your members will feel that they are appreciated. That will help with member retention and also encourages your members to recruit new people themselves. The incentives don't need to be money, but some token to show that you care. Here are some member incentive ideas your association can try:
- Create a member-get-a-member program so your current and new member receives a discount for recruiting each other.
- Make alliances with other associations and businesses to get discounts for your members.
- Collect feedback from your members to show them you care about their opinion. Send out regular newsletters of the feedback you’ve collected and the changes you made.
The most important thing is to make your members feel valued and connected with your association. That way you will naturally retain and recruit new members thanks to your reputation.
Now that you have read our top 3 tips to attract new association members, you’re reading to start recruiting. To use these tips and tricks, you’ll need to communicate with your members. The perfect virtual event platform will help you to connect with your members at a distance.
Remo is a great option for your association. We have many engaging features such as breakout rooms, and customizable floor plans. Check out our price plans for more information, some of them start completely free so nothing to lose!