Virtual Graduation Ideas and How to Host a Fun Celebration
What is a virtual graduation?
In the past two years, a lot of students have missed out on their graduations due to the pandemic. Of course, a graduation ceremony is a rite of passage after doing so much study and hard work in high school or university. Everyone wants a photo of the big day in a cap and gown with your family members.
A virtual graduation celebration is a great way to ensure the pandemic doesn’t get in the way of your day. You can connect with each other over a virtual call and have some great events to celebrate. You can have all your typical graduation activities like a valedictorian speech and a commencement ceremony.
The first thing you’ll need is the perfect virtual events platform. Remo offers a large range of features that are perfect for an unbelievable grad ceremony. We have put together a step-by-step guide on how to use Remo to host your virtual graduation ceremony.
How do you host a virtual graduation?
1. Sign up to Remo
- You can host events for up to 30 minutes; This might be a little short for your high school graduation so you may want to upgrade your package to a longer time.
- You can have one sponsor banner; Organizing a sponsor is a great way of getting money together for your graduation party.
- You can run two simultaneous events at a time.
- You can have one event host.
- There is a saved library of floor plans to choose from.
If you require more than what’s included in the free plan, take a look at our essential or pro plans. We also have an ultimate plan that offers a customized plan with complete flexibility for your online graduation.
2. Create an event
You can create an event for your online graduation in just 7 minutes on Remo. Select a date and time for your graduating students to come together online. Ask your school administrators to send out an email to invite your classmates and their families. Be sure to share the event on social media to get everyone excited for their last farewell.
3. Customize your floor plan
The customizable floor plans on Remo are a unique feature that will bring your graduation to a whole new location. This feature separates Remo from other virtual event platforms. We have all experienced ‘zoom fatigue’ from looking at boring blank screens. Customizable floor plans will add a personal element to your graduation, so everyone will be engaged. Plus, your graduation photos will look great.
4. Use interactive features
Remo has many interactive features you should try to use at your graduation ceremony. Features like polling, Q and As, breakout rooms, and round tables will make your graduation super interactive. Our round tables are perfect to have a casual chat with your friends after the ceremony. We have different floors so you can move around freely to catch up with your classmates. Be sure to unmute as much as you can so the event is interactive.
5. Record your event
A video of the graduation will be a perfect keepsake. The Livestream is useful so all your family can tune in but the recording will be nice to look back on. You can also post video clips from the recording on social media to promote your high school or university.
Fun virtual graduation ideas
1. Graduation bucket list
Create a list of ideas you can do during your virtual graduation. Some ideas can be:
- Take a virtual selfie with your graduation cap.
- Have a round table conversation with a classmate you never spoke to.
- Create a virtual yearbook to sign well wishes to your friends.
- Have a glass of champagne (or non-alcoholic option) to toast your memories over the years.
- Record a video message of everyone saying their dreams for the future. You can look back on it in a couple of years at your class reunion.
2. Collaborative Spotify playlist
Before your graduation, create a collaborative Spotify playlist. That way everyone can add songs you can listen to at your virtual event. You can save the playlist and look back on it as a memory of your graduation day.
3. VIP guest
Invite a guest speaker to talk at your event. They could give a commencement speech before you graduate to share some words of wisdom. Since your event is online, the world is your oyster! You can invite anyone from the world to speak to your graduates.
4. Online graduation awards
Give awards to people in the class. These awards can be something funny to celebrate memories over the years. Here are some award ideas:
- Class clown or the funniest person in the class.
- The class nerd or the person who studied the most.
- Best couple, the Romeo and Juliet of your time.
- The class Madonna, or the person who would most likely win a talent contest.
And there you have it, our top ideas for the perfect graduation ceremony. Be sure to check out Remo to host the perfect event.
If you're still unsure, take a look at our product demos to see how our events platform works.